• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #64: Floating Islands

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #64: Floating Islands


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #64: Floating Islands

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 05:13 AM PST

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: FUTURISTIC ARCADE

    Gold

    Duetica

    A really cool build that reminded me of the future as soon as I saw it. What I really liked about this build was the beacon beams in the walls. It was such a little thing that I never even thought would add that much to a build. However, those rays of light really added to the future part of the build. I also really like those arcade games on the side, with the big screens. What I didn't like was the middle section, more specifically the block choice. I don't think cobblestone is the best block, even though it seemed to be on machines that were fighting? Overall, it just seemed a bit too rustic and old to be in the future.

    All in all though, great build!

    Silver

    Jinzha

    First off, I'll just say that I really love your building style. It had plenty of colours mixed in but they all balanced really nicely. So great job on building and picking out blocks. Also, thanks for the comments on your album, I enjoyed reading it for the "full experience" as you said. Of course, that part isn't judged since it's not really building, but it does add context and is fun.

    Overall, really well built and as I already mentioned, awesome block choice and colour choices. One thing on colour choice is that at first I didn't like the carpet because I thought to myself that it wouldn't be like that it the future. After viewing your build a couple more times, it's grown on me and I am starting to like it (Take that as you will, just trying to provide a little feedback on it, even thought I'm not quite sure if the carpet is good or bad). One thing I didn't like was the layout. I found it hard to know where the parts of your build were related to each other. It all just seemed a little bit too disjointed.

    Still a great build though!

    Bronze

    Papadji

    Gotta say, if anyone wants to see any builds that use creative ways we usually haven't seen before, check out /u/Papadji builds. Each time I feel you add something different in your build that I always find incredibly original that adds some flavour to it. To this build, it was those titles in it that made it like an advertisement. I did really like it, it gave me a small laugh and it was a great way of explaining what exactly is happening in your build.

    Back to the building, really liked your barge and the exterior of it. Also I found that was a semi-realistic (I don't know what other word to use there) way of a futuristic arcade appearing. Also, like the beacons in the first build, I really enjoyed your use of nether portals to go into VR worlds. I did feel for the rest of your interior though, it just seemed a little too much over the top. There were lots of different blocks, but they were all very energetic blocks. Redstone, the bright carpets and the end rods are all very bright and add energy to a build. Your I think had a bit too much for the smaller space it was in.

    Still enjoyed the build though! Good job!

    Honourable mentions

    No one...

    Introduction

    We are going full fantasy in this challenge!

    We'll be building an island (or islands) that are floating in the sky, making our world seem even more epic and magical. On top of them, it's up to you. Have a wizard tower or a hobbit hole or maybe even a futuristic base. Whatever you seem to think fits with your island, build it!

    New Textures

    Since we have a semi-official release of the new textures, they are now allowed (along with the old ones). However, if you use the new textures, please specify. I wouldn't want to think you're using a texture pack and disqualify you. I'm not as used to the textures, so I may not recognize them right away.

    Inspiration

    Pandora

    Challenge

    Floating Islands

    Thanks to /u/APQuid for the theme suggestion!

    Build a natural island floating in the sky. It must have at least one structure (of your choice) on it.

    Note: You can have more than one (and I would recommend it, but only one island is required for it)

    By natural floating island, I mean something like pandora in the inspiration setting so more of a fantasy floating island than some giant mechanic island.

    Tip

    For those that don't know, use /setblock ~ ~ ~ minecraft:dirt to place your first block in the air.


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures are not judged but can be added at the end of the album as bonus pictures None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    4. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    5. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    6. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, February 3rd 2019: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), February 16th 2019: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, February 17th 2019 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    The Hyperloop - 3000 blocks in 60 seconds

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 04:15 AM PST

    A build from a few years ago

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 01:29 AM PST

    This is the Golden Canyon I made in World Painter. Thoughts?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 10:37 AM PST

    I got the Pig Portrait poster.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 08:33 AM PST

    I found a seed with a floating island village right at spawn

    Posted: 02 Feb 2019 02:09 PM PST

    Dyescape.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 09:20 AM PST

    Are we still doing pyramids? And does this count as a pyramid?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2019 05:11 PM PST

    The landscape of best transportation modes in different situations

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 07:18 AM PST

    Never ever EVER build a road from two directions.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 07:25 AM PST

    A modern house I made in about 2 hours. What'cha think?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 08:34 AM PST

    So, I made a pool...

    Posted: 02 Feb 2019 11:14 PM PST

    Someone: Minecraft has poor graphics Me:

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 09:46 AM PST

    My First Ever Tree House

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 07:32 AM PST

    Old archway

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 09:16 AM PST

    Contained a creeper

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 01:56 AM PST

    Humble beginnings to a new project.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 11:18 AM PST

    Condo Tower

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 11:46 AM PST

    The "Cake Landscape" I made... I'm doing all the mountain, but this is the best one yet. Hope I inspire some of you!

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 10:03 AM PST

    Render of an amazing Japanese survival vanilla server I stumbled on

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 05:28 AM PST

    A library my friend built.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 03:08 AM PST

    last night me and some friends decided to mine out 4 chunks worth of blocks, needless it say it was filled with laughter and a lot of falling.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 07:40 AM PST

    Awesome place to start a new survival world

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 08:54 AM PST

    Roads in Minecraft: Mountain Pass [L1705]

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 06:01 AM PST

    Potato Potato I couldn't right blocks for the potato

    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 11:22 AM PST

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel