• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #68: Tropical Island

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #68: Tropical Island


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #68: Tropical Island

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 04:42 AM PDT

    LAST WEEK'S THEME:GROUND ZERO

    Gold

    UgandaForever

    A really cool scene that depicts the potential destruction and current destruction of a city. I really loved how it looked from those far out shots. The big fireballs obviously stood out and looked very realistic, with the different colors blending in nicely. That being said, I thought some of your close up shots weren't as good when the fireballs were close. I feel that they actually had too much color there and looked very busy from up close. I feel it was worth it for those awesome shots from away though.

    Great build!

    Silver

    Cadenza23

    I mean this in a good way, but this is one of those weirdest and most surprising builds I've seen in a while. To explain this: I never once thought that there would be dinosaurs in this challenge but I'm pleasantly surprised how they fit into the lore and theme and you also made a great build with them.

    To start, on the topic of the dinosaurs, I found they were extremely well built. The main part I loved was the small spots on their backs. This made them feel more real. Barely any animal is purely one colours (whether they have spots or shades) and with these spots, it added another small, almost unnoticeable detail. Also, the houses were very well built on top of them, I love that style of building.

    My main problem was the tank. This tied it into the Ground zero theme but I felt it did look a little out of place without anything else near it. Perhaps if you made a small ancient battlefield, it would have really punched in that theme. So, overall, awesome build, I just think it needed a little more to tie it into the theme itself!

    Bronze

    Papadji

    The thing I like about this is also the thing I don't like about this.

    I'll explain. I really like how sporatic and spread out everything is. It makes me wonder what kind of disaster would have thrown everything like this. Also, it makes it like a small scavenger hunt because while I'm looking at all the pictures I find something new.

    That being said, I find in some of the shots it's a little too sporatic. I find these are mostly the overhead shots. There's so many small bits that I have a hard time focusing on one and only see small pieces before my eyes move to try and find something better.

    This wasn't too much of a problem though, just one thing I noticed! Good build!

    Honourable mentions

    Burnt-Toast-0087

    Introduction

    I guess it depends where you live, but for me, winter seems to finally be on its way out! This has gotten me, and I assume others in a rather tropical mood (or at least ready for warm weather!). And that's what we'll be doing today! We'll be building various things on a tropical island in honor of this new warm weather!

    Have fun in the sun!

    New Textures

    Since we have a semi-official release of the new textures, they are now allowed (along with the old ones). However, if you use the new textures, please specify. I wouldn't want to think you're using a texture pack and disqualify you. I'm not as used to the textures, so I may not recognize them right away.

    Inspiration

    Cozy Tropical House

    Challenge

    Tropical island

    This challenge is very much up to you. The requirements are to build on an island (tropical) in the ocean. What you build is up to you. I'll give some suggestions:

    Resort

    Small retreat

    Primitive beings/structures.

    After a hurricane strikes it.

    And there's many more but these are what I thought of off the top of my head. You must have one of these additional themes (or any of your choice) to go along with your island (not just the island itself).

    Finally, a small tip is not to go too big for this one. Obviously you can, but it's just an island we're expecting, not a continent. Don't feel the need to create a monstrous landscape.


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    4. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    5. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    6. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, March 31st 2019: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), April 13th 2019: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, April 14th 2019 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    Minecraft is pretty

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 08:57 AM PDT

    This was a lot more rewarding than I thought it would be. Also, I hate jungles, rivers and random holes. 2688x1664 blocks.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 07:41 AM PDT

    Some of my pixel art.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 08:24 AM PDT

    Playing on survival wondering why all my villagers are clumped into one house...for a bread party? They’re dropping entire STACKS of bread. (nintendo switch)

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    I built a Roman Theatre in the Mesa on my creative world, felt like sharing it.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 03:16 AM PDT

    Today in school...

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 11:42 PM PDT

    Beating Minecraft 3D

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 07:54 AM PDT

    I made a Blimp that looks like a shark, designed by NASA. Intrepid SHRK-88

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 05:23 AM PDT

    I was just trying to fish and this Drowned swam up to me and started busting it wide open with a dance

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 09:51 AM PDT

    First time posting, built on a survival server

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 09:40 AM PDT

    Automatic XP Skeleton Farm

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 06:50 AM PDT

    I decided to make the dark hole that was the underside of my house into something nice.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 08:34 AM PDT

    My witherstorm when I was 12 years old!

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 09:14 AM PDT

    The first two townhouses of my city, Ileuad

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 10:14 AM PDT

    This is how i asked my friend to prom

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 12:09 PM PDT

    I made these costumes for my kids a few years ago for Halloween. My son still says it was the best costume he’s ever had!

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 12:18 PM PDT

    Good thing I backed up

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 10:00 AM PDT

    Remember the original April fools?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 03:25 PM PDT

    Legend has it that it was a good farmers convention.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 10:48 AM PDT

    Circle command(s)

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 06:29 AM PDT

    I Mined out a whole bunch of stone and only left the ores.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 12:15 PM PDT

    Pentagonal temple in the woods

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 10:34 AM PDT

    I've seen this sub likes empties ocean monuments, so there's mine

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 03:03 AM PDT

    My Friend's and My Survival Village [OC]

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 10:28 AM PDT

    Been working on this for a bit, thought i'd share it here

    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 10:53 AM PDT

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel