• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #88: Steampunk Mansion

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #88: Steampunk Mansion


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #88: Steampunk Mansion

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 08:18 AM PST

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: ICE CAVE

    Gold

    NephilimYT

    Really liked this build and how atmospheric it was. The choice to show it off at night was a very good one. It allowed all of those light sources you added to come into play, by lighting up the build. I also really like what you did in the cave, really cool design and build. My only very very small gripe is that it felt a little too hollow and personally I didn't like that. So I feel the shape inside could have been maybe a little more chaotic or natural, but that's really only my tastes.

    Great build!

    Silver

    yoctosecond

    Really liked the atmosphere around this build too. The darkness with the lights really made more special than it would have been if it was just houses on a cliff. I also really liked your block choice. The terracotta really worked well with the colours of the ice, at least in my eyes. My only complaint was the actual pit, or cavern, where there wasn't really anything else. I do realize it was a realistic shape, I think my problem came from being able to see that far. Maybe some glass and some black concrete towards the bottom, to make it seem more like a pit would have made it work better and seem a little more real.

    Great build!

    Bronze

    RandomMuze

    Maybe it's because the other two relied a lot on darkness and lighting but I liked this build for how cheerful it was. I liked how much it was built out of wood and also the campfire scene. I also liked how much it actually felt like a cave with the shape of it. I didn't really like the path leading to it because I felt it needed to be a little wider with the amount of detail that went into it. The railings on it seemed to pop out more than the path itself.

    Good build!

    Honourable mentions

    BlitzFreeman

    aeiouaeious

    Magical_G1123

    Introduction

    For some reason I've been really into steampunk stuff lately and I guess I need some inspiration because that's what kept coming back to me for a theme this week! So, let's get building a large mansion in a steampunk style!

    New Textures

    Since we have an official release of the new textures, they are now allowed (along with the old ones). However, if you use the new textures, please specify. I wouldn't want to think you're using a texture pack and disqualify you. I'm not as used to the textures, so I may not recognize them right away.

    Inspiration

    Someone's Steampunk mansion-Couldn't find source

    Challenge

    Steampunk mansion

    Build a steampunk mansion. Since you usually build up in steampunk, the mansion must have at least three floors in it. Those are the only requirements.


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    4. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    5. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    6. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, January 5th 2019: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), January 18th 2019: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, January 19th 2019 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    Bruh...

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 06:23 AM PST

    A Minecraft Server where you could build, destroy, grief and hack wherever you want. But just take a look how it turned out to be. (Dead Server)

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:16 AM PST

    Redstone word processor I'm working on, the keyboard and display are connected in serial with a single line of redstone, and it currently has 1 byte of memory.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 06:48 AM PST

    Do you guys like the mushroom house i build

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 02:37 AM PST

    I double dare you to raid my house again, I've got plenty of room left on the wall

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 03:33 AM PST

    I got my 7-year old cousin into minecraft in mid-2019 and my uncle started a server for us, this is the progress

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 10:02 PM PST

    Think twice before you shoot.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 06:35 AM PST

    I made a library

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:06 AM PST

    Finally did it! xD

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 01:50 AM PST

    My base on a bedrock server, unfinished but thoughts?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 12:45 AM PST

    1 Block high Minecraft base

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 10:17 AM PST

    got a pic at night before it corrupted

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 10:36 AM PST

    House on an island I made

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 11:01 PM PST

    Took 1 hour but I did it

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 10:19 PM PST

    How did this happen.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 10:27 PM PST

    It makes me furious that the left hand Slot is not lined up with inventory slots

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 08:00 AM PST

    This was my spawn in Minecraft

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 07:07 AM PST

    A wooden cliff mansion that I built in like half a month, thoughts?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 08:24 AM PST

    I'm working on a new resourcepack that doubles the vanilla textures. the "UnBlock" pack (yes I know Faifthful exists)

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 09:51 AM PST

    After years, I have them all.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 10:35 AM PST

    Made this clock in year 5 woodwork(when I was 10) and still use it today, 6 years later.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 05:58 AM PST

    So i built a wooden survival house on my minecraft world

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 05:10 PM PST

    The start of my mega block house with the normal size blocks version

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 06:46 AM PST

    I was playing on my world and catched my fox smoking a blunt. This guy -__-

    Posted: 04 Jan 2020 05:51 PM PST

    Look what I drew on a glass

    Posted: 05 Jan 2020 08:44 AM PST

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel