• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #105: Oil

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #105: Oil


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #105: Oil

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: TOWER

    Gold

    Ghastlyemerald

    I really loved this build and how easily recognizable it was to me. I realize some probably haven't heard of the tower of babel but I had searched it up out of curiosity maybe a year ago and the image stuck to my mind. So the fact that I could tell what it was means you did a great job representing it! I also liked the city around it, not necessarily for the buildings but more for the scale. The houses around the tower made it seem bigger, and therefore more like a tower! Only small criticism are the stairs at the bottom. I found there were a bit too many, but that's more personal preference I feel.

    Great build!

    Silver

    wrldpaintn00b

    Well this is certainly a dark tower. But I love how evil it seems. Also, it contains one of my favorite elements someone can add to a build: Crystals! (Or stained glass meant to look like them). I will also say that I loved the colour palette to this build and thought all of the colours really came together nicely to make up that dark and sinister feel. Only small complaint is that the mountains around the build were very grey and plain and drew my eyes away from the tower a little.

    But overall, great job!

    Bronze

    Pingew

    A very simplistic build however I still find it to be quite impressive. We've all seen stone towers before, but I haven't really seen a tower built using this type of angle before. I kept looking at the screenshots trying to figure out how it was built, since one tower was always a little bit more forward than the other towers. I also loved the location of it, with it being in the middle of a lake since it did make your eyes drawn right towards the tower.

    Good job!

    Honourable mentions

    yepthatzright

    Introduction

    Well we built some taller structures this past week on land, this time around, we will be building another type of big structure: Oil rigs or refineries. While the world is beginning to wake up to climate change, we still have a long way to go before we get rid of using oil, which means some of these types of structures may be here for quite some time!

    So let's get building!

    Inspiration

    Oil

    Oil Rig

    Challenge

    Thanks to /u/lieuwestra for this challenge suggestion!

    Oil

    Construct something related to oil. For example, an oil tanker, oil refinery, supertanker, etc..


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Optifine is allowed if it doesn't change the textures. You can use optifine all you want, as long as you don't have better grass, connected textures, etc enabled.

    4. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    5. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    6. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    7. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, August 30th 2020: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), September 12th 2020: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, September 13th 2020 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    Got too excited on getting my first Elytra and Dragon head and wanted to show it off to my friends

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:25 AM PDT

    Custom chicken models I made

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    I lost my 2 yr old minecraft world and this is the only proof that it existed

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    Infinity Flower Nether Portal

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:07 AM PDT

    Anyone else spent their childhood looking for this?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    Turning 14 tommorow Bois

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    Here's my netherite items in my pack. I think looking closer to diamond is nicer.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:32 AM PDT

    mushroom island transformation by me in 100% survival

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    Just a duck i made

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    I tried to recreate the bee in pixel art

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    The Pain of living in a Roofed Forest...

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    I transformed a witch hut

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:58 AM PDT

    My library with a mirrored floor

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:46 AM PDT

    Japanese Castle (survival)

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    This is probably not a big accomplishment but I just built my first nether portal in a survival world and I was pretty happy :)

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    That sucks

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    Kaboom

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:21 AM PDT

    Payback: Art by me, took about 3 days.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:33 AM PDT

    Check out this Library I built for a school build!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:58 AM PDT

    These pesky birds followed me until I had the perfect amount...

    Posted: 29 Aug 2020 10:17 PM PDT

    I made the Hogwarts potions classroom as part of my Hogwarts build!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    You can use a shield and an invisible armor stand to make a computer monitor.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:47 AM PDT

    Digging up a beach and randomly found a buried treasure chest

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:06 AM PDT

    I built my old toy castle in Minecraft

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:58 AM PDT

    Very sad Flying around my world for the last time tonight saying goodbye. :( data corruption has taken my drives and a complete wipe is the only remedy. (yes i had back ups - but the back up drives got infected too.)

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:08 AM PDT

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel