• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #73: Kaiju attack!

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #73: Kaiju attack!


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #73: Kaiju attack!

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 03:51 AM PDT

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: STADIUM

    Gold

    UgandaForever

    Ugandaforever took a simple premise and turned it into a world. I will say, you even tricked me because I didn't even think the ground was flat in your build. It looked like it varied (along with the blocks). So great block choice and very good job varying the blocks to provide diversity. The stadium itself also looked great, with the towers. I loved dark prismarine for the roof, it's something more people seem to be using now that it has stairs and slabs (but I still love the look of it).

    Awesome build!

    Silver

    King_2131

    After seeing multiple sports stadiums, I took a second to realize what was happening before being pleasantly surprised. I think the most defining feature of this build is the great attention to unnecessary detail, such as the staff hallways, kitchen, and loading area. Most of the competition sticks to the blood and guts of the challenge, but this build is well-rounded and still better than most. The interior of the stadium was a little blank, but it would be in real life as well. The only options are to go for drop dead gorgeous or normal, and I think going for normal wasn't a shameful choice. My biggest complaint is the fact that there is very little thought into the surrounding area outside of the paved roads, which applies to most of the submissions.

    Great build!

    Bronze

    ShiftingSands

    Another great build! We liked this one because of the colour in it, or more specifically, how all the colours worked. Sandstone in a desert will never seem colourful because of all of the sand around it. But in an ocean, surrounded by blue, it pops! The stadium was also well constructed. I liked the somewhat familiar shape to it but that it still had an original look. Another thing I liked is the varying little windows of different colours. I always find large windows of one colour look a little stale or weird but I still like "large windows" so this is always a good compromise for me when I'm building!

    Good build!

    Honourable mentions

    Elapid66

    monets_money

    Introduction

    We want to try and come up with creature based challenges in the coming weeks (although I won't guarantee next one will also be one) since we haven't done many before. So what better place to start than a monster-verse who's latest entry came out a couple weeks ago? For anyone that doesn't know Kaijus are the monsters in Godzilla's universe, so that's the style we're building.

    While I've seen some movies I wouldn't consider myself a massive Kaiju fan but I've always loved the creative designs they've had! And this week, we'll be putting them in their seemingly natural habitat, destroying towns!

    Three, two, one..... FIGHT!

    New Textures

    Since we have a semi-official release of the new textures, they are now allowed (along with the old ones). However, if you use the new textures, please specify. I wouldn't want to think you're using a texture pack and disqualify you. I'm not as used to the textures, so I may not recognize them right away.

    Inspiration

    Godzilla

    A bunch of Kaiju

    Challenge

    Kaiju

    Make a village/town/city being destroyed by a Kaiju. It can be one that exists or one that you come up with on your own (if that's the case, we'll judge how well it fits in the actual universe). Kong is included in these monsters you can build.

    Also! You don't have to build a sprawling city or have enormous monsters. A simple village being destroyed by a relatively small monster is the minimum requirements so it won't take up too much time for people with little already.

    Here is an image of a bunch of KaijuLink


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    4. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    5. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    6. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, June 9th 2019: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), June 22nd 2019: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, June 23rd 2019 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    I made the brewing stand look like cauldron, what do you think ?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:33 AM PDT

    Captainsparklez would enjoy this

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 04:47 AM PDT

    Im a archaeologist now

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:58 AM PDT

    Finally finished a project I've been working on in survival

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 11:33 AM PDT

    I recreated an end city out of wood in survival. Im also terraforming my whole end island in survival....

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 04:46 AM PDT

    Made some full portal designs using my new concept

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:55 AM PDT

    Ancient Ruins

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 05:20 AM PDT

    Ok so here's my house I built in survival for those sorting by new! Have nice day

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:20 AM PDT

    I always felt like Minecraft needed some new paintings, so I designed a few!

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 07:18 PM PDT

    My big farm what do you think

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 02:38 AM PDT

    We built this house with my 9 year old sister. It's her first house! She was really excited to build and wanted to share it here. Hope you like it!

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 03:52 AM PDT

    I spent way too much time making this work

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:00 AM PDT

    I made this observatory along with another builder on a server

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 07:58 AM PDT

    I'm making Gravity Falls in Minecraft. Do you like it?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:11 AM PDT

    What do you guys think of the building style for my new base

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:21 AM PDT

    I have a texture pack on, went to the nether and nearly pissed my pants

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 08:39 AM PDT

    I finally did it! One fully un-submerged ocean monument in survival.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 10:32 PM PDT

    This seed is just unfair

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 06:48 AM PDT

    So what do you guys think of Minecraft Earth? I really like my new skin.

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 11:01 PM PDT

    Made some custom ore textures so I could have a little bit of variety in the ore appearances

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 08:17 PM PDT

    A chicken I made under 5 min. It's not much, but It's honest work...

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:22 AM PDT

    It's the end of the schools year and my IT teacher gave everyone essay about things we learned this year, like motherboards, binary system, networks etc. Mine was logic gates so i thought i will put this at the end

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 04:25 AM PDT

    I'm trying to make a secret base on a server. What do you think?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 05:00 AM PDT

    When you forgot it's your cake day so you had to improvise

    Posted: 09 Jun 2019 09:26 AM PDT

    Ok the second I spawned I got my chest turned around and saw this

    Posted: 08 Jun 2019 11:45 PM PDT

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel