• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #74: The Matrix

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #74: The Matrix


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #74: The Matrix

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 07:35 AM PDT

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: KAIJU

    Gold

    Elapid66

    Really liked the design of the monster here. Never would I have thought that prismarine would be a good block to make monsters with but it really worked well here! I loved the shape of the monster and the whole design around the head. I found the city, while not at all badly built, to be just a little plain compared to others. However, I really liked how the monster always seemed to be the centre of attention and that made the relatively simpler buildings only be in the back of my eye. One final critique I have in there didn't seem to be much destruction. I loved the torn road but it maybe would have been cool to have a building half eaten?

    Awesome build!

    Silver

    monets_money

    I really liked the inclusion of an underwater monster in this one. Also, I want to remark that an octopus type creature was smart for a challenge like this, since it makes the destruction part easier to build (but not look bad). Which leads me into to the next part I liked, I really liked the scenes with water flowing in or the tentacles crossing the tunnels, it really made the build feel alive, which is super important in a challenge with monsters! Also, I liked your location, underwater, with some corals. They blended with the creature well. Only critique is that your creature seemed a little barebones. I really liked the shape and I know you put eyes on it but they were right at the waterline. I feel putting the head a little higher or lower would have emphasized the eyes and made it even more terrifying!

    Good build!

    Bronze

    UgandaForever

    I'll start off by saying that I found these monsters to be extremely derpy. Well shaped, they looked like dinosaurs, but something about their face either creeped me out or made me laugh, which could be a good thing if you were going for unsettling! I also really liked how realistic the monsters looked jumping out of the building, the broken blocks were pretty exactly where I'd expect them to be in my mind. And speaking of your buildings, thought they were very well designed. They looked good but not too original so that we're not focused on the monsters (who should be centre of attention).

    Nice build!

    Honourable mentions

    R151N6T1D3

    Introduction

    This week we'll be hoping to make people question their own reality, to see if they live in real life or in the matrix? Maybe they'll be the chosen one or maybe they'll be the bad guys? It's all up to you. This build is about combining blocks to create a dystopian, futuristic feel or perhaps go the other way and make a nice comforting matrix for yourself.

    New Textures

    Since we have a semi-official release of the new textures, they are now allowed (along with the old ones). However, if you use the new textures, please specify. I wouldn't want to think you're using a texture pack and disqualify you. I'm not as used to the textures, so I may not recognize them right away.

    Inspiration

    Will your build bend time?

    Challenge

    The Matrix

    Construct your own version of the matrix. It can be extremely sci-fi based or a regular scene with only a couple things in it that seem off.

    On that, please note that if you decide to construct a regular house or whatnot as techincally that's in the matrix, it will not be accepted. If you do that, there must be at least something 'wrong' with the photo as it will be a "glitch in the matrix"


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    4. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    5. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    6. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, June 23rd 2019: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), July 6th 2019: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, July 7th 2019 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    I have memory issues - this is how I remember what I was doing before I logged off

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 06:49 AM PDT

    I visited a historical landmark. Credit u/BatteryAcid205

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    Use a sea pickle on top of a Jack O' Lantern for a realistic looking stem!

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 10:06 AM PDT

    You have got to be kidding me

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 04:08 AM PDT

    Having fun with G.L.A.S.S

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 05:34 AM PDT

    I just witnessed a suicide

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 10:59 PM PDT

    Throwback to when I modeled the Half Life 2 Crossbow for my resource pack

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 07:26 AM PDT

    Built a 1024 shulker lag machine on an anarchy realm. It can throw 720 XP bottles a second and crashes instantly. Someone activated it and now everyone who was near it can't join the realm anymore, including me.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 04:46 AM PDT

    I don’t know if anyone already knew this but... you can put slime blocks on armour stands feet

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 06:33 AM PDT

    TIL If you hold seeds and wheat with both hands, chikens and cows will follow you at the same time.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 06:13 AM PDT

    A Memorial to My Fallen Horse

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 03:19 AM PDT

    Minecraft lacks subtle lights for decoration. So i made my own: A redstone candle! Opinions?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 06:52 AM PDT

    The roof took me 2 hours to work out. Thoughts?

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 06:24 AM PDT

    I'm creating "Color Blindness" texture pack help for colour vision deficient Minecrafters, feedback of affected people wanted | iSIGHT | Tritanopia Tritanomaly | Blue colour vision deficiency

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 07:27 AM PDT

    Some people thought that the slime on armour stand thing is fake so I decided to make a video

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 08:45 AM PDT

    My fourth heart attack in life

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 12:36 AM PDT

    My forest nether portal ruins.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 01:17 AM PDT

    Damn speedhackers..

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 05:09 AM PDT

    My friend refuses to put doors on his house, so everyone decided to help out and keep him safe

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 10:46 AM PDT

    Sometimes they just want to help

    Posted: 22 Jun 2019 09:02 PM PDT

    I built it and it confuses me.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 11:30 AM PDT

    Work smart, not hard!

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 03:25 AM PDT

    Found this absolute unit of an outpost

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 03:32 AM PDT

    It ain’t much, but my next post will be much better trust me

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 02:31 AM PDT

    Further improvements to my elevator. Now it's more compact.

    Posted: 23 Jun 2019 07:42 AM PDT

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel