• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #100: Clash of the Updates

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #100: Clash of the Updates


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #100: Clash of the Updates

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: DUNGEON

    Gold

    Clyran

    I really love how big and epic this build felt, despite it not actually being a enormous build (compared to some monstrous stuff that is posted on the subreddit). So congrats on fulfilling your promise that your build would be "Mighty" as you put in the title. It certainly seems that way to me. I will say, at first, I didn't like the blackstone floors with the cobblestone, but the more I've looked at your build, the more I've really started to enjoy it. It also gave a bit more variety, making your dungeon more than just grey. On that note, the mushrooms also provided some nice colour and weirdness to the dungeon. Very well made!

    Great build!

    Silver

    Isa4635

    I never realized how little I've seen of ice caves and how much I love them. I think for some of those first images with the ice in the caves, it's the best "simple" cave I've seen in a long time. Nothing too fancy, just some nice shapes, with ice here and there. Also, the inclusion of some man made supports, tables and chests filled out the rest of the space. The big thing I didn't like with the build was the last room. The throne was great! However the rest of the room seemed so flat and plain, with just stone brick walls going straight up with nothing else really.

    Still a great build though!

    Bronze

    Xypherians

    The builds above were pretty simple while I found this build was a little too chaotic. Personally, I find there's a fine line between good block variation and bad block variation. With stone for example, I find you can can get away with block variation by using other very similar blocks like andesite and cobble stone. However, other times, people use some vastly different blocks and in those cases I find it's really hard to focus. This build is pretty much right between that line. Your fist image thankfully had a cool layout and the blocks weren't too chaotic. I loved the paths and traps down the caves. They weren't the most elaborate, but they still made the cave seem dangerous which was fine. The last photo went back to the chaotic blocks, however for me, it was only the abundance of magma blocks that made it hard for me to focus on what I was looking at. I think you could've kept them there, however I did find those blocks a little overpowering.

    Still a great build though!

    Honourable mentions

    Fiplip99

    tamaradeborah

    chengdynasty

    Really cool redstone traps and playable dungeon! Wanted to highlight it in the mentions here.

    Introduction

    First of all, happy father's day to all the fathers out there today!

    Second of all, happy 100th challenge everyone! We made it! We're here!

    It's been a long road, and I never would have expected we'd have made it this far, or that the challenge would start to have many, many participants at this point. We've seen different builders rise up, then fade away, then sometimes comeback and we've had the regulars who we have come to know through their building style.

    For this challenge, and it lines up nicely with the nether update, we'll be highlighting the different updates that minecraft has had over the years. We've had many different themes for the updates, and each can present us with different builds. So whether your build is themed after the nether update, the village update or maybe the pretty scary update, we look forward to seeing the years of minecraft highlighted in your builds!

    Let's get building once again, and thank you all for your support over the years!

    Inspiration

    link to all updates on wiki

    Challenge

    Clash of the Updates

    Build a build of your choice based on the minecraft updates. You can choose just one update, or combine multiple updates. Whatever updates you choose, that will be the theme of your build. Please note: You do not have to build with only the blocks from that update OR in the patch the update came out in!!!!

    If you don't know the different names of the updates, refer here


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Optifine is allowed if it doesn't change the textures. You can use optifine all you want, as long as you don't have better grass, connected textures, etc enabled.

    4. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    5. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    6. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    7. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, June 21st 2020: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), July 4th 2020: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, July 5th 2020 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    I thought it'd be cool if the soul fire had faces in it like the soul sand lol

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    I made a Dynamic Desktop Wallpaper from my world

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    You'll never predict what just happened to me...

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:44 PM PDT

    What is going on

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    Drawing Every Minecraft biome #4 - Desert

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    50% done

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 06:13 AM PDT

    It’s not much compared to what I see on here, but I’m proud of it.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:50 AM PDT

    My new wallpaper, I hope you like it. ��

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:15 AM PDT

    my first post on reddit. and my first ever self-built modern house without a tutorial. the interior isn’t done though. thoughts??

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    My survival build so far. Updating maps is my passion.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    A perfect world

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:32 AM PDT

    So I made an adventure map which has this level. How do you feel about it?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:22 AM PDT

    Black Widow Portrait Build in Minecraft

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:05 AM PDT

    I found this but I don't know who did it

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    A wave machine i made

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    Months of collecting iron in hard level survival mode to build this army of 150 golems. They seem to like gossip and are overall enjoying life in the mountains. I'll give occasional updates on them as they learn to live, laugh, and love.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 01:46 AM PDT

    I made a 1:1 scale Radiant VII from The Phantom Menace

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Piglins aren’t a fan of Zombie Pigmen

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 08:48 PM PDT

    A little something I made for all the dads out there

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    This took a while to make.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    I changed the ciseled blocks to represent some of the mobs, I even made some new chisled blocks altogether.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    What do you think about my house?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:32 AM PDT

    good gravel

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    Building Ba Sing Se in Survival (week 2)

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    My underground temple during the day

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel