• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #102: Cabin in the Woods

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #102: Cabin in the Woods


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #102: Cabin in the Woods

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: WAR

    Gold

    Zachatar

    I love when builds tell a story, and each picture in this build seems to be doing that. Even better, I don't even need captions to be able to get a rough sense of what is happening. I loved the different buildings that you made and the overall layout of the build. Most of all, I liked the location that you picked. While, we always say that we like when people use actual terrain rather than superflat for their builds, we haven't really emphasized where someone should build a build. I loved how this was right on the coast, and even better on a point. Just something about this location made the build much better.

    Great job!

    Silver

    TCspiro

    Let me start off by saying I've never watched the last airbender before (show or movie) so there may be references in the build I don't understand. However, you made me want to watch it with this cool scene which is depicted here. You also mentioned building in unique ways with ice and snow and I think that you did a fantastic job doing that. The ice bridges which blend into the icebergs were very simple but added so much somehow. Also, the paths with blue ice were again a simple but effective way of doing paths. Awesome job!!

    Bronze

    echoct21

    I have watched star wars so I am familiar with everything here and I was super impressed by how much everything resembled the movies. My only complaint is that it did feel a little spread out and empty, though that may be the fault of the war you chose, since it can't be very bunched up. However, you made your screenshots look gorgeous with the time of day you chose and the types of shots you did so I can't really complain. I know now if I ever want to replicate something out of star wars, I'll be looking at this post!

    Good job!

    Honourable mentions

    StarTux

    abrightmoore

    Introduction

    There's nothing both more relaxing and scary as spending a night in the woods. This week, we'll be trying to make our "stay" a little more relaxing by constructing a nice cabin to stay at. Whether you want to make a nice quaint cabin, or some creepy run down place, that's up to you!

    Happy building!

    Inspiration

    Cabin

    Creepy Cabin

    Challenge

    Cabin in the woods

    Construct a cabin in the middle of the woods. There must also be a road/path leading up to it (but you don't have to completely extend it in the forest)


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Optifine is allowed if it doesn't change the textures. You can use optifine all you want, as long as you don't have better grass, connected textures, etc enabled.

    4. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    5. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    6. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    7. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, July 19th 2020: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), August 1st 2020: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, August 2nd 2020 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    My son wanted a Minecraft cake for his 7th birthday. My wife did a great job. Happy birthday, buddy!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    I redesigned and the desert temple! What do you guys think?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    A while ago I made a resource pack that adds extra villager skins, now it's updated to the Nether Update! (Download in comments)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    MINECRAFT: Because of Love, So Insist on. Did You See the Rainbow ��?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    First time seeing a white enderman....

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    I tried to make a train depot, how it looks?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    I'm working on a small mod that adds 8 new flower bushes which will behave exactly like the vanilla ones. No idea when it's ready to download tho but I will make a new post as soon as it's done. (also used art flair because of pixelart)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Just noticed one of the corners of the smoker texture is different.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    I made the biggest hidden nether portal :)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    I hear custom nether portal designs are pretty hot right now, so here's a proof of concept for horizontal portals!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    I turned a couple of my friends into mobs and the results are terrifying

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    My dad, who knows very little about Minecraft, made this amazing cake for my brother’s birthday!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    Minecraft Aquarium Idea: Shelf Style!!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 02:31 AM PDT

    I made a den for my foxes

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    My bee farm :)

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:19 AM PDT

    Made this quite awhile ago and I decided to share it today. It's a skeleton trapped in the ice. Hope you like it I guess?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    Sunflower banner

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:43 AM PDT

    Probably one of the weirdest bugs I've ever experienced

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:43 AM PDT

    What does Reddit think of my desert temple?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    Can we have f's in the chat for my bro Jeremy who despawned the other day.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:37 AM PDT

    Made a robot body for a ghast...

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    People of Minecraftian subreddit (idk), what do you think of these saplings?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    My dream room.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    I made a pretty expensive lantern design

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 11:12 AM PDT

    Pigmen!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:14 PM PDT

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel