• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #104: Tower

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #104: Tower


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #104: Tower

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: WINDMILL

    Gold

    Luklein

    I love this take on the challenge. It took an "overused style", being the old fashioned windmill (not that this is bad! It's just we've all seen tons of them built) and made it unique in its own way. I also liked how each side of the build was still interesting. You didn't just make the front look good with the actual windmill and leave it at that. Every side you showed was not only very well built, but was very interesting to look at.

    Great job!

    Silver

    echoct21

    In case anyone almost made the mistake I did, they're using light green concrete powder in the build and not optifine grass. It took me a second to register it so thought I would put this disclaimer here in case anyone also made that mistake (it looked very good though!). I really loved this build though. The scenery was so nice and made the entire land feel so peaceful. The windmills were all great and although they were the same (or very close), the interesting terrain around them made them all feel different. I guess that's the power of terraforming.

    Nice build!

    Bronze

    LostInMN_

    Hilariously, the same build. Or, inspired by the same things. Both are very well built but this one did fall slightly short based a little on what I mentioned for the last build. Where echoct had lots of trees and a little custom terraforming to mix up his windmills, I found around yours, there wasn't too much interesting terrain (still was, which is why you're third place, but just comparing to second). Also, I did find some of them seemed a little close together. However, everything was very well built and really loved your town so you still did an awesome job!

    Honourable mentions

    nameattempt201

    I usually don't do comments for these but just wanted to mention how cool of an idea this was. Loved the nether theme.

    Introduction

    This week, we'll be taking to the skies. And no, it's not anything to do with airplanes (despite the new flight simulator coming out). Rather, we'll be focusing on building up into the sky by making towers. Nowadays, we have skyscrapers that seem to keep going up in the air, but how would they compare to old fashioned towers, which may seem small now but were huge back then? Build either of them, or just one (or another tower of your choice) this week!

    Inspiration

    Leaning tower of pisa

    Challenge

    Thanks to /u/Clyran for this challenge suggestion!

    Tower

    Construct a tower of your choice. It can be from any era and can be any size. It must tower over the surroundings though (as in, if you build an old fashioned smaller tower, don't build it next to some monstrous mansions).


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Optifine is allowed if it doesn't change the textures. You can use optifine all you want, as long as you don't have better grass, connected textures, etc enabled.

    4. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    5. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    6. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    7. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, August 16th 2020: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), August 29th 2020: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, August 30th 2020 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    Not me, but this touched my heart

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 06:15 AM PDT

    A few Of My Staircase designs!

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    I added my real cat in Minecraft!

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    I went afk all night on Hardcore, for some reason the phantoms didnt despawn

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    This build is my peak. all downhill from here

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:15 AM PDT

    Snom appeared!

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    Time + dedication = perfection :) Biggest meatball Iv'e ever seen and built in survival.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 06:34 AM PDT

    update on my beeg arche, nearly done now. and I'm looking for some ideas and bits to add if you can think of anything I'd love to hear it

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    I guess he doesn't like my village :(

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 11:23 PM PDT

    Giant rose field

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    Am I the only one that used to do this?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 04:00 AM PDT

    My nether portal, do you think I’m overdoing it with the blocks escaping?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    I made a minecraft simple pixel art walpaper, what did reddit people think?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 02:00 AM PDT

    I made an Enchantment Table in Blender ��

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    made a goat out of 1.17

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    What does reddit think of my first ever minecraft house?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 03:58 AM PDT

    Compilation of some of my favourite contraptions

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Little Cute Camera Mod (Mod not made by me)

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    I redesigned a Bastion Remnant into this Megabuild

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    Opinions on my MC Earth desert build?

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 10:37 AM PDT

    Created an loading animation in Blender.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 07:05 AM PDT

    I found a stupid way to kill endermen

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    Boat might be faster than my Xbox

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    Retextured the creeper to the r/Minecraft creeper! Hope ya'll like it!

    Posted: 15 Aug 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    After accidentally deleting my old survival world I spent hundreds of hours on, I just finished prepping my first underwater base in my brand new world. Making this structure took waaayy too long.

    Posted: 16 Aug 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel