• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #63: Futuristic Arcade

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #63: Futuristic Arcade


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #63: Futuristic Arcade

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 07:27 AM PST

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: BLOCK PARTY

    Gold

    Duetica

    First off, I'll say that I missed the bouncy castle my first time going through the images. When I noticed it the next time and registered what it was, I really liked how simple it was but how good it was too!

    Now, you didn't win because of that (although it played a very small part I guess) but I wanted to point out how I liked it. You won because the rest of your build was very well done. The buildings looked fantastic on the road. I didn't like how similar in colour they were but you countered that with making them very detailed. Overall, they just seemed like a style of building you would see on a block like that. Your vendors were also really good and the tents were well built. However, I did find maybe you had one too many because it did seem a bit confusing, but that may just be me.

    Last off, as usual, we don't like when the build fades off and you can see the plain barren land beyond it. However, the two builds did it here so we didn't factor that in.

    Good job!

    Silver

    Powana

    This is a build that deserves a place in the standings but shouldn't deserve "last place". Since there's only two builds, this is technically last place but I just want you to know that if there were other participants you probably would have been this high still!

    Now, I loved your buildings. They were all slightly different, in colour too, which made it easier to tell them apart and seemed to each of them the spotlight if you focused your eyes on different parts of the image. The stage was also really well built. I thought your idea of using Observers for speakers was absolutely genius, it looked awesome!

    The only thing I didn't like was that there was nothing else beside the stage. Some tents or even some barriers would have made our decision between first and second even more difficult! But, again, your build was very good and you should be pleased about it!

    Good job!

    Bronze

    No one...

    Honourable mentions

    No one...

    Introduction

    We're going to be doing some gaming in the future! In this alternate world, arcade halls become super popular again but they get even more fancy as time goes on!

    So, let's create some cool new designs for these future arcades that maybe designers will look at in the future!

    New Textures

    Since we have a semi-official release of the new textures, they are now allowed (along with the old ones). However, if you use the new textures, please specify. I wouldn't want to think you're using a texture pack and disqualify you. I'm not as used to the textures, so I may not recognize them right away.

    Inspiration

    A "Futuristic Arcade" that exists now

    Challenge

    Futuristic Arcade Hall

    Build an arcade hall but in a futuristic setting. Only interior is needed but if you want to build an exterior, you can (however, it will also be judged if you include it). To ensure that people build arcade hall, you must have at least one arcade type game in your build.


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures are not judged but can be added at the end of the album as bonus pictures None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    4. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    5. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    6. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, January 20th 2019: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), February 2nd 2019: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, February 3rd 2019 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    Oh my gosh.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 05:18 AM PST

    Desert Trading Post

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 04:46 AM PST

    uh

    Posted: 19 Jan 2019 08:52 PM PST

    I've replaced phantom sounds with the sounds of WWII bombers to make them more terrifying

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 09:57 AM PST

    The paintings in Minecraft were a bit boring, so I did a thing.

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 05:45 AM PST

    What do you guys think of the beginning of my town?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 10:33 AM PST

    As soon as stripped logs were added I knew what I had to do .

    Posted: 19 Jan 2019 08:06 PM PST

    My house @ my realm

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 07:09 AM PST

    I built Mickey in Minecraft! Thoughts?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2019 08:18 PM PST

    Aquatic base that I've been working on

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 11:57 AM PST

    Today I built a pool for my survival base

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 05:08 AM PST

    I used my Minecraft map as a dnd map for my last session

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 12:37 PM PST

    Rooftop view of my futuristic skyline

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 07:48 AM PST

    Came back to my boat to find I had a new First Mate

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 09:53 AM PST

    Endermen can spawn in the Nether?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 06:09 AM PST

    How do you guys like this building style?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2019 08:49 PM PST

    I completed my city

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 12:27 PM PST

    All 5 towers finally done! I will be adding foliage and landscaping in the gaps and possibly some small houses outside the walls. Other suggestions?

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 12:54 PM PST

    Looking at the Minecraft Moon through a telescope

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 09:21 AM PST

    Biggest Minecraft fan I know and he’s only 10 ��

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 07:08 AM PST

    Ice tunnel lookin nice

    Posted: 19 Jan 2019 04:52 PM PST

    First modern house build

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 06:20 AM PST

    Me and my boyfriend have been playing a new survival world recently, meet our new chickens <3

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 06:41 AM PST

    if you place torches under path blocks, they glow in the dark

    Posted: 20 Jan 2019 01:29 PM PST

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel