• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #71: Bunker

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #71: Bunker


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #71: Bunker

    Posted: 12 May 2019 05:39 AM PDT

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: AMUSEMENT PARK

    Gold

    PhoenixWing101

    First off, let me say that I love the first image in your album. It shows that with a well placed and timed shot, you can get gorgeous screencaps in minecraft without using shaders. Although I know it may not be everyone cup of tea, I encourage people to try out different angles and such when taking screenshots.

    Anyway, onto the build. I personally really liked the setting, as a park on water. I also am realizing how much concrete is growing on me for some of these builds. The hyper-modern block really fits into builds that may need to look modern and need vibrant colours. In this case, it was both that it needed and concrete was great to use. Only small criticism is some of the rides looked slightly too blocky (especially viewed from the side).

    Overall, excellent build!

    Silver

    UgandaForever

    I got to say, we were really conflicted on which build should come second because both of these, while different, we're well built. In the end though, we chose this order. I really liked how this build looked right off the bat. The colour scheme especially; I thought it was really good, especially with the ground being the endstone colour. I also liked how much room there was between the rides. The extra space made it very easy for us to fully appreciate the build, since it was easier to distinguish rides and see how well they were built. This is a very minor complaint, but I did find the dense forest outside the build to be a little distracting. However, that's just me and my minor criticism.

    Good build!

    Bronze

    SlayerKrakor

    Because, it's the first image, I'll start off by saying I wasn't in love with your exterior. This is less to do with your building style and more for the setting. Perhaps even a couple little stands or a small path leading up to it would have made the transition from biome to build a little more palatable.

    However! Don't think that this is what we think of your build! Because it was excellent! I loved your idea of having it in a tent. I've seen it in tv or movies before but never expected someone to try building it. I really loved your different districts but also how easily they were to identify. Without looking at the captions of the images, I already knew what the districts were (or something very close to it) which is good to do! Captions are good, but if you convey the meaning through your build, you've done something right. I also really enjoyed the roller-coaster gif as well!

    Very well done!

    Honourable mentions

    King_2131

    Introduction

    Bam! Boom! Outside, it's a war... or really it could be just about anything. Either way, we're not concerned about what's happening on the outside world, or what happened. That's because we'll be safely in our bunkers, with everything we need, hiding from the world.

    So, let's build some multipurpose bunkers!

    New Textures

    Since we have a semi-official release of the new textures, they are now allowed (along with the old ones). However, if you use the new textures, please specify. I wouldn't want to think you're using a texture pack and disqualify you. I'm not as used to the textures, so I may not recognize them right away.

    Inspiration

    Fallout Vault

    Challenge

    Bunker

    Construct an underground bunker. It must have at least three rooms in it, and the purpose of these room can be determined by you.


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    4. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    5. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    6. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, May 12th 2019: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), May 25th 2019: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, May 26th 2019 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    Cave dwellings > literally any other house in Minecraft

    Posted: 12 May 2019 05:38 AM PDT

    I drew a creeper

    Posted: 12 May 2019 06:27 AM PDT

    I started making the Skyrim intro with commands. (Please don’t judge to harshly, I’m still relatively new to most of the commands)

    Posted: 12 May 2019 12:49 AM PDT

    I found these cool mountains with a spawner in the middle

    Posted: 12 May 2019 05:34 AM PDT

    A medieval city I have been working on

    Posted: 12 May 2019 06:11 AM PDT

    My cosy bedroom in my castle

    Posted: 12 May 2019 05:37 AM PDT

    A Shy Block

    Posted: 12 May 2019 07:44 AM PDT

    Mission Accomplished

    Posted: 12 May 2019 01:21 AM PDT

    A house I built a year ago, looks better now with the updated block textures

    Posted: 12 May 2019 07:03 AM PDT

    Thoughts on my Sphinx? Any suggestions are welcome

    Posted: 12 May 2019 08:08 AM PDT

    Soo.. this happened...

    Posted: 11 May 2019 10:29 PM PDT

    Steps to create pillager banner

    Posted: 11 May 2019 07:13 PM PDT

    Tip: If you hate Diorite/Stone Variants save it and sell it to a Stone Mason Villager for profit

    Posted: 11 May 2019 09:49 PM PDT

    I tried to make an animated furnace texture in the style of the smoker.

    Posted: 12 May 2019 09:22 AM PDT

    I played minecraft today for the first time in a couple years, and as soon as the music hit I started tearing up, thank you minecraft, thank you for letting me be free and creative when I was a kid

    Posted: 12 May 2019 07:42 AM PDT

    Spent 3-4 hours making this...

    Posted: 12 May 2019 07:06 AM PDT

    Found a little friend, his name is Gustav now.

    Posted: 12 May 2019 10:02 AM PDT

    My friend is new to mincecraft, today he show me his farm and this is the funniest thing ever

    Posted: 12 May 2019 11:15 AM PDT

    Two thousand obsidian later, my gold farm is complete!

    Posted: 12 May 2019 10:48 AM PDT

    A map I never ended up finishing

    Posted: 11 May 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    Never considered myself a good builder, but this is probably my proudest work yet. Likely went overboard to reduce the amount of grayness though.

    Posted: 11 May 2019 10:55 PM PDT

    I had 23 diamonds in my inventory. The buttclench of the Century

    Posted: 11 May 2019 07:04 PM PDT

    I think we gave this one too much catnip...

    Posted: 12 May 2019 08:00 AM PDT

    Secret Herobrine banners in the 10th Anniversary map

    Posted: 11 May 2019 05:34 PM PDT

    transformed this village, seed: -823651063669834683 , Coordinates: -118 93

    Posted: 11 May 2019 02:19 PM PDT

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel