• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #84: Wild West

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #84: Wild West


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #84: Wild West

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 04:49 AM PST

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: MOVIE SET

    Gold

    LostInMN_

    Loved this build, especially since I happened to have seen everything you built so I could actually learn a little bit about the filming of those works through your build! Everything was super accurate and well built. My favorite was the infinity war one. I had seen many set photos from that movie and I actually recognized the set right away without having to look at your description. Only complaint is the game of thrones one. It's a very plain set that you picked and your build, while being very accurate didn't look that good to me and seemed plain. However, the real set did too so no big deal.

    Great job!

    Silver

    UgandaForever

    This is a weird build for me. I go between really liking it and being meh about it. I think it was very well built. Green screen looked great over the cityscape. I also liked your crew with the cameras and microphones. I think it might just be that every image you posted looks close or the same to me for some reason. So I think the build was a little too repetitive for my tastes to get the top spot, but still was a great build!

    Good job!

    Bronze

    create1ders

    I will say, the exterior of that building got me thinking this may not be the best of builds but once I continued looking through your images I realized that this was very detailed and seemed very accurate (which is good as you said you're a film student!). For some reason, just the fact that the green screen had a ninety degree angle made your build look really good. I just liked it about it. And then there was all the small details. The soundproofing on the walls, the camera equipment and the food, among other things, made the build seem alive.

    Good build!

    Honourable mentions

    shop1126

    Introduction

    This week we're revisiting one of my favorite challenges we've ever done. In Build Challenge #2, we did the challenge: The Wild West and it created some of my favorite builds, even today! Due to popular demand over the past couple months, we decided to do it again.

    So let's get our cowboy hats on and get to building!

    New Textures

    Since we have an official release of the new textures, they are now allowed (along with the old ones). However, if you use the new textures, please specify. I wouldn't want to think you're using a texture pack and disqualify you. I'm not as used to the textures, so I may not recognize them right away.

    Inspiration

    Challenge #2

    Challenge

    Wild West

    Construct a Wild West town (or a street going through it). There must be these buildings:

    Bank

    Saloon

    Jail/Sheriff's Office

    Among other buildings that could be there.


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    4. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    5. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    6. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, November 10th 2019: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), November 23rd 2019: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, November 24th 2019 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    Mushroom starter house.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 09:35 AM PST

    I created Elmo burning in the depths of the underworld

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 07:19 AM PST

    My lil guy is all grown up

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 08:26 AM PST

    Office table my minecraft user seven85654

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 06:48 AM PST

    My first Pond attemp

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 06:58 AM PST

    For my new resource pack I drew armor and some blocks, is it worth it to continue?

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 09:24 AM PST

    Lava Waterfall concept

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 11:06 AM PST

    Planted a 2x2 spruce and this thing grew...

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 07:02 AM PST

    This cozy cabin i made :)

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 09:49 AM PST

    Just finished my 250 block long road to my enderman farm, then i realized that I made it 3 blocks tall.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 03:34 AM PST

    Wolves aren't always nice and cuddly. "Last Stand" - Minecraft Fanart

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 05:28 AM PST

    You can make really cool path designs by using dead coral blocks!

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 10:16 AM PST

    I just started to build a post apocalyptic city. Let me know if you want to see more :)

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 04:38 AM PST

    I was bored.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 07:35 AM PST

    My guardian drawing!

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 02:19 AM PST

    Revamp of bob ross design

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 08:51 AM PST

    My take on Steve & Alex!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 11:21 PM PST

    A quick flythrough of Totori, a world I'm building using my wife's design ideas

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 05:41 AM PST

    I updated my unusual texture pack I posted here a few days ago [Download Below]

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 01:53 AM PST

    My new base

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 02:42 AM PST

    My friend made a resource pack that replaces the trident with the Lightscale Trident from Zelda Breath of The Wild.

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 07:39 AM PST

    Yoda my brother in law is. Hilarious it is.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 11:16 PM PST

    I beet this kid to death with a carrot

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 10:40 AM PST

    Café Kitchen

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 11:50 PM PST

    After lots of heavy inspiration from the community, here is my kitchen design!

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 04:50 AM PST

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel