• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #86: Antarctic Discovery

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #86: Antarctic Discovery


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #86: Antarctic Discovery

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:42 AM PST

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: UNDERWATER BASE

    Gold

    Blushnugget

    Really like how this build was made. Cool shape to the whole thing, but also made it feel real by all of the elements added in this bigger build. Also was happy how the there was lots of glass so it was possible to see inside from the water. One really cool thing about these underwater builds is the effect that water has from the outside. And using glass, we can make some really cool effects like in this build.

    Good job!

    Silver

    FPSCanarussia

    On a smaller scale, here is another awesome build. One of my personal favorite things to be added in the underwater update was actually seagrass. I'm a nature fan in builds and the fact that we have a little bit more nature to add underwater really makes me happy. So, I personally loved the seagrass everywhere on the build! (Others may disagree with me there). The interior was also great. It had a sci-fi look to it. The air pockets seemed really claustrophobic. I don't know if that was on purpose but I really liked the effect it had.

    Great job!

    Bronze

    rootintootn

    I'll start off by saying you had a really odd colour palette. I don't think I've seen these blocks used together underwater before (mainly the stained terracotta and the concrete) but I really liked it. It was similar enough to the normal prismarine and those coloured blocks that I didn't feel like it was completely different but it was refreshing to see those blocks. As far as the actual build, I liked it but I felt it was a little boxy. That may have been on purpose but I personally thought it made it feel a little weird.

    Good job!

    Honourable mentions

    lunageek520

    Introduction

    We've done many holiday themed challenges and the holidays are now fast approaching us... To get a small grip on these types of themes we're going to not look towards the north pole but rather towards the south pole! There seems to be not much focus on what magical things may exist there.

    So let's go and find out!

    New Textures

    Since we have an official release of the new textures, they are now allowed (along with the old ones). However, if you use the new textures, please specify. I wouldn't want to think you're using a texture pack and disqualify you. I'm not as used to the textures, so I may not recognize them right away.

    Inspiration

    What does this wilderness hide?

    Challenge

    Antarctic Discovery

    Set in Antarctica, create something that may be hidden from the rest of the world. Maybe it's Santa's village, maybe a horde or demons, maybe a small family living in a biodome. It's up to you, as long as it's set there.


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    4. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    5. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    6. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, December 8th 2019: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), December 21st 2019: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, December 22nd 2019 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    Currently working on a texture pack that makes the default textures pop out a little more.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:18 AM PST

    I Made Santa Give You a Present Using Flying Machines

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:59 AM PST

    What, is that normal? I never saw it grow that fast before

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:46 AM PST

    I'm pretty proud of my new house

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 09:16 AM PST

    If you press left and right click at the same time you can replace a block that's in the air

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:52 AM PST

    There's something in the distance...

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 11:35 AM PST

    I changed bookshelves a bit and I'm really happy with the result! What do you think?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 11:49 PM PST

    What do you think of my spaceship?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 06:12 AM PST

    Use jungle leaves in a snow biome to make a decorated Christmas tree

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 08:23 AM PST

    My attempt at a Christmas tree with no texture packs

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:40 AM PST

    I turned on shaders and now my dog is glowing.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:45 AM PST

    Built that today with u/MrAIex

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 10:22 AM PST

    I made this baby yoda in minecraft!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 05:25 AM PST

    Haha I was building something in PE and then this happened

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 11:39 PM PST

    Sugar

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 04:41 AM PST

    About a month ago, my best friend and best villager, Farmer Joe, died in a zombie attack. He lived in my little village. He was having here a wonderful time. He had his own house with his own farm. He wasn't locked in there, he could wander around like he wanted. I build him a statue. Rest in peace.

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 02:56 AM PST

    Got bored so I built this waterfall machine thing

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:01 AM PST

    I've tried something new. What do you think of that?

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 03:37 AM PST

    [::] I made a candy cane generator! (It was a lot harder than it looks)

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 09:53 PM PST

    He attended his funeral ��

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:04 AM PST

    A very weird thing happened while i was trying to crash my game

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 03:14 AM PST

    Built this temple on my survival world!

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 08:04 AM PST

    I usually build things for function > looks but I decided to try to change it up a bit and made a hidden library enchanting room. I feel like I did an okay job at it

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 07:50 AM PST

    I liked MatPat's theory of creepers being plant-like mobs. So, I drew this

    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 12:55 PM PST

    Temple Guardian Made in Mspaint

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 02:56 PM PST

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel