• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #72: Stadium

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #72: Stadium


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #72: Stadium

    Posted: 26 May 2019 08:08 AM PDT

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: BUNKER

    Gold

    monets_money

    Whenever I think of bunkers, it's the smaller and more practical ones that my mind always goes to. This one here has that small quality but also managed to make itself be homely enough that if I needed a bunker, I think I'd enjoy living there. It's a nice blend of using carpets, plants and paintings every now and then to add colour to the grey walls. But, the colour wasn't everywhere, which is good for this type of build since I should see stone. It's a bunker, I'd hope it'd be made of stone so that's what I should see mainly. Another good thing you used was space, not expanding too widely but going down with water or ladders, to keep the base going on in a relatively small space.

    Awesome build!

    Silver

    SlayerKrakor

    Where the other one was more enclosed, this one is probably the complete opposite, being very open. Of course I realize that this is because the doors are open (and rockets and about to launch or just outside). Inside the build, I really liked how sprawling it was and how it seemed to take the form of a cave. I don't know if you built it with that in mind or it just happened, but the organic feel of the build is very nice. I also like how each section has a different colour theme and sticks with the theme, despite still using varied blocks. Instead of a very clear theme (like a narrow range of greens), you used a more general colour theme (like hot colours or cold colours) and stuck more with those. This gave you a better array of blocks to work with but still clearly defined your sections.

    Well done! Great build!

    Bronze

    Elapid66

    While this build may not have been as sprawling as others or contained many diverse things, it certainly did well at what it tried to be. Rather than a futuristic bunker (or in the near future), this one seems more like a medieval bunker and as I said, it certainly is very well built. I really liked the simplistic take. The stone and wood goes very well together and with not many colours to work with, you used depth really well to make your build still very interesting. I also loved how later you included clay and banners to give it a touch more colours without it seeming like a different build.

    Good job!

    Honourable mentions

    UgandaForever

    Introduction

    Summer is approaching fast! And with summer, people are usually looking to get outside and be more active! Today, we'll be building stadiums for those people to play sports in, or maybe if they're not athletic, to watch a concert in. Either way, it's for these big events that people go to watch, summer or winter!

    New Textures

    Since we have a semi-official release of the new textures, they are now allowed (along with the old ones). However, if you use the new textures, please specify. I wouldn't want to think you're using a texture pack and disqualify you. I'm not as used to the textures, so I may not recognize them right away.

    Inspiration

    Concept art for future NFL stadium if this link doesn't work, I'll fix it when I get home later today!

    Challenge

    Stadium

    Construct a stadium for a concert or a sporting event. It can even be for a sport you come up with.

    Note! This isn't restricted to summer sports.Winter sports are fine as well!


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    4. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    5. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    6. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, May 26th 2019: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), June 8th 2019: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, June 9th 2019 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    This villager is living alone in a massive hole

    Posted: 26 May 2019 06:02 AM PDT

    Every time I watch this time lapse, it gives me the shivers!

    Posted: 26 May 2019 04:33 AM PDT

    Saved by the web

    Posted: 26 May 2019 09:07 AM PDT

    I made Ender Eyes blink ... it’s creepy.

    Posted: 26 May 2019 02:20 AM PDT

    I think there's something wrong with my house...

    Posted: 26 May 2019 12:11 AM PDT

    I've never done Minecraft art before, but I had fun doin this one, hope y'all like it.

    Posted: 26 May 2019 03:25 AM PDT

    Just finished building a trophy room for our Dragon Eggs on our server :)

    Posted: 26 May 2019 06:05 AM PDT

    I’ve been working on a realism world, what do you guys think?

    Posted: 26 May 2019 08:11 AM PDT

    6 months ago I saw this ship on this subreddit and I said that I would build it in survival :)

    Posted: 26 May 2019 07:41 AM PDT

    Suburban houses I did in a server.

    Posted: 26 May 2019 06:06 AM PDT

    Confused why I couldn’t find the raid. Minecraft rules ALWAYS apply

    Posted: 26 May 2019 01:16 AM PDT

    I have found the Holy Land

    Posted: 26 May 2019 05:52 AM PDT

    A stronghold visible from a ravine has a mineshaft surrounding it and it’s literally a few hops away from spawn

    Posted: 26 May 2019 07:14 AM PDT

    100% survival

    Posted: 26 May 2019 12:44 AM PDT

    A Killer Whale Model I Made

    Posted: 26 May 2019 02:51 AM PDT

    My acacia cabin with hidden sorting

    Posted: 26 May 2019 05:48 AM PDT

    Built this on my smp server

    Posted: 26 May 2019 07:04 AM PDT

    I made a simple lemonade stand. ��

    Posted: 26 May 2019 05:08 AM PDT

    Just made this, it has all the ways to obtain the 16 MC1.14 dyes. Download in comments.

    Posted: 26 May 2019 10:25 AM PDT

    My survival cave. I always though underground felt safe, but above ground was cool. Why not combine both?

    Posted: 26 May 2019 09:36 AM PDT

    Do NOT purchase a server from TheMinecraftHosting!

    Posted: 26 May 2019 08:55 AM PDT

    They are a complete scam!

    I purchased a server on May 18th from them because their prices were ridiculously good. I should have seen it coming, but this was my first time purchasing a server so I knew no better. I bought a 32GB server from them, and it was set up within an hour- which is fantastic.

    The problems started when my friends and I joined the next day. We had 3 people on the server, and it started to experience lag. It was bearable at first. When we got up to 7-8 people, we just could not stand it. We were experiencing 270 tick delay. Mind you, I purchased a 32GB server with CPU Preference addon that should prioritize my server.

    I wrote them a letter on May 20th 10 PM CST. I expected a quick response since they boast "Live Support" and "Nearly 24/7 Support" yet they didn't get back to me till the next day. The way they supposedly "fixed" the problem was by decreasing our rendering distance from 10 chunks to 4 chunks. Absolutely ridiculous.

    We're running a completely vanilla, no mods whatsoever, server. We aren't awfully spread out, certainly not enough to bug us down this badly. They didn't respond afterward to my request. So I sent in a refund request shortly after, to which they did not respond. They soon deleted both my requests and when I asked them why they said they never did such a thing. At this point, I am extremely frustrated. The server is starting to lag with only 2 people on, experiencing 40-170 tick delays.

    I asked for another refund. I followed up with another request to at least fix our server temporarily. They shut down my server at 4 PM last night, with no updates, and have not responded since. I cannot access multicraft, connect to the server, or do anything remotely useful. I cannot even find a button on their website that would allow me to terminate my service, and stop my subscription.

    Please do not buy a server from these guys. They are not professionals. Their support ticket responses were laughable: spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, etc... They're simply a bunch of kids running a scam business.

    I requested a refund on Paypal yesterday, and I'm waiting to get my money back.

    This is a scam. Do not buy from them.

    submitted by /u/imbured
    [link] [comments]

    Tnt snake of doom

    Posted: 26 May 2019 09:20 AM PDT

    Found a fun and easy way to track my progress towards a full beacon!

    Posted: 25 May 2019 03:22 PM PDT

    I changed the rain to Kanye West

    Posted: 25 May 2019 06:59 PM PDT

    Is this Unbreaking 5?

    Posted: 26 May 2019 07:46 AM PDT

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel