• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #89: Farm

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #89: Farm


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Build Challenge #89: Farm

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:26 AM PST

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: STEAMPUNK MANSION

    Gold

    Hypropeteus

    The great thing about this build challenge is that every couple of challenges there's a build that really inspires me (and hopefully others too!). This is one of them for me personally. What really made me be inspired by this build is the use of the stripped logs. Since they are a newer block, I don't think I've seen them used in this style of build before. But, they certainly fit very very well. I also loved the layout. This was mansion but it still felt chaotic enough to be steampunk, with the sides jutting out the higher you went.

    A wonderful build, awesome job!

    Silver

    quasarr78

    I really loved this build. It might have even just been the setting. I don't find I'm that used to people building this style in the desert. Usually the normal blocks you expect to see in steampunk don't fit as well with the bright yellow sand. However, here, using a lot of terracotta (I almost forgot it wasn't called hardened clay anymore), helped make it fit really well with the desert. I also really liked the entire shape of it. Elevated from the ground. it already made the build really interesting to look at and the rest of it was just icing on the cake.

    Great build!

    Bronze

    shop1126

    It took me a long time to figure out why I personally had this build behind the other two and I think I finally figured it out, after watching the video a couple times.

    The reason I was confused was because I really liked your entire design. The building was fantastic and as someone who is horrible at building roofs, I was extremely jealous at well yours was built. Even the block choice was normal for a steampunk build.

    I think what was wrong with it in my eyes was the granite in the roof. I'm actually one of the few it seems who really likes using granite and diorite in builds so I'm actually not biased because of it. In this build though, I feel the granite had too similar of a colour to the spruce wood. Maybe not even the colour. It might have been simply that it was about as dark as the spruce and blended in a little too well?

    As you can see, I do like your build a lot but there is just one thing that makes it slightly behind 1st and 2nd. Sorry if this made no sense to you, but I'm just trying to voice my thoughts. Perhaps the other judges can provide a little more insight.

    Good build!

    Honourable mentions

    TwistedBull

    Introduction

    It's another repeat week (as in we have done this challenge sometimes in the past...) but as most of us in the northern hemisphere are dealing with the cold winter, we have to be thankful for the farmers around the world (or in our own areas) who can supply us with food over the winter.

    So, for this challenge, let's build some farms, which can be situated anywhere in the world to try and get us out of the winter mood!

    Happy building!

    New Textures

    Since we have an official release of the new textures, they are now allowed (along with the old ones). However, if you use the new textures, please specify. I wouldn't want to think you're using a texture pack and disqualify you. I'm not as used to the textures, so I may not recognize them right away.

    Inspiration

    Farm

    Field

    Challenge

    Farm

    Make a farm. You must have a barn/shed/house (where the farmers would live or do their main operation out of) and some field of any crop. There also must be an area for some animal.


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    4. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    5. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    6. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (AST)


    Sunday, January 19th 2019: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), February 1st 2019: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, February 2nd 2019 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    I made a giant waterslide in Minecraft, enjoy!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:02 AM PST

    Just a Mustang I made in 100 : 1 scale. Took a couple of weeks, over 30 hours of work. It doesn't have any interior.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:56 AM PST

    More Cartoony Mobs

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:54 AM PST

    I just found out you could do this!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 05:12 AM PST

    making an aircraft carrier what yall think?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:13 AM PST

    Before and After Picture of my Survival House

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:04 PM PST

    My Amazing House

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 10:20 AM PST

    3d printed Minecraft mobs

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 01:13 AM PST

    My take on a build style that used to be popular back in the day

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 04:10 AM PST

    I recently made my first ever Georgian style build as part of a Build-Swap challenge. What do you think?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 03:24 AM PST

    Frozen in time

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:53 AM PST

    Just a little something I’ve been working on!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 11:25 AM PST

    I made an enclosure for my pet spider Aragog. Roses make his eyes pop

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 07:25 AM PST

    The roller coaster I've been working on. I'd love to hear some more ideas on what to add to it, I was thinking of having it continue the glass tube up into the sky

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:35 AM PST

    Infinity Gauntlet build, not the best but it's something

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:23 AM PST

    Finally drained it!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 11:52 AM PST

    Had a heart attack in my hardcore world today

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 06:36 PM PST

    The statue of an ancient wizard on the side of a mountain

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 11:07 AM PST

    My secret "Nether Temple" / portal room

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:15 AM PST

    Made these

    Posted: 18 Jan 2020 09:53 PM PST

    I took me days to copy this build in my world

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 06:25 AM PST

    I Built a Modern Concert Hall

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:29 PM PST

    Nether portal I made. Took inspiration from this sub.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:02 AM PST

    Help! (Actually, don’t.) My teenage kids finally got me into playing Minecraft after years of me not getting what all the fuss was about. Now, every weekend, my husband and I play while drinking coffee and i look forward to it all week. I may have a problem (that I have no intention of fixing!)

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 12:57 PM PST

    I completed my observatory...

    Posted: 19 Jan 2020 09:13 AM PST

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel