• Breaking News

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Challenge #109: Haunted House

    Minecraft Minecraft Bi-Weekly Challenge #109: Haunted House


    Minecraft Bi-Weekly Challenge #109: Haunted House

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    LAST WEEK'S THEME: CAVE HOME

    Gold

    Requisitorums

    Lately, I've been not liking chaotic or complex builds as much as I used to, and prefer simple builds. However, there's something about throwing a ton of different stones, and different plants in a cave that I just love. The whole build just looks so interesting, and I think it's partly because you have tons of blocks with different colours. There's grey obviously, but some plants mix in some green and red and finally there's blue from the water. Just a great build to look at, I find.

    Great job!

    Silver

    BjornSarkMine

    Now, I think this build works because of the lighting. That's my theory at least. It's very big and I feel it'd be a little bland if it was all outside in sunlight. However, the cave overtop with the occasional lights makes this look really interesting, in my opinion. I also love the very abstract buildings. Abstract may not be the right word here, but I really like how the building, which is stone, blends in with the stone of the cave. Also, what a view from the bedroom area, with the grand cave in view.

    Great build!

    Bronze

    Scheely

    Really liked the small scale of this one, and how the cave seemed relatively untouched. There was the occasional supports here and there, but the shape of the cave really seemed natural (even if you did hand make it, which would make it more impressive). I will say that it's really pressing some of the guidelines that were in the challenge, especially bedroom which I didn't really see. However it seemed some of the rooms did extend a little further so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. The reason for the guidelines were to have contestants make more than 1 room, which you have here. However in the future, please try and make the requirements a little more visible.

    Honourable mentions

    Stau1137

    Introduction

    BOOO!

    It's that time of the year again, where ghosts roam the streets and mischief is in the air.... Halloween is upon us again! Even though Halloween is on a weekend this year, sadly it doesn't fall on the end of this challenge (we're still going for another week after) however, I can never pass up doing a haunted house theme!

    Have fun building and happy Halloween!

    Inspiration

    Haunted House

    Challenge

    Haunted House

    Build a haunted house. It must have an exterior, an entrance and at least one room furnished (you can decide what room).


    Rules

    1. Submitting an entry To submit an entry, you must comment on this post and format your comment like this:

    Title of submission

    Link to submission photos or video (preferably youtube or Imgur)

    Comments

    2. Vanilla only No mods that add new blocks or items are allowed. No resource packs are allowed. Any minecraft version is allowed and you may build with custom terrain, creative mode, world edit or etc as long as it doesn't add any new blocks to the game. Shader pictures can be added in a SEPERATE album as bonus pictures. None of those pictures will be accounted for when we judge the entries. Only vanilla screenshots.

    3. Optifine is allowed if it doesn't change the textures. You can use optifine all you want, as long as you don't have better grass, connected textures, etc enabled.

    4. Any version of minecraft i.e. PS3, Xbox 360, Pocket Edition.

    5. No preexisting builds We're going with the honour system here but if anything had already been built before the start of the contest, don't submit it.

    6. Build teams are allowed There may be more that one person building for a challenge but only one person may submit their entry with their account

    7. New textures are allowed The new versions of Jappa's textures are allowed to be used along with old legacy textures.


    Points and leaderboards

    Link to sheet. The leaderboards are on the 2nd page


    For points and judging:

    There is only 3 winners each week. Each participant will get 2 points for submitting their entry. There are honourable mentions but they do not get any extra points.

    Anybody that places Bronze with gets 4 points

    Anybody that places Silver gets 6 points

    Anybody that places Gold gets 8 points


    Schedule (Atlantic time)


    Sunday, October 25th 2020: Challenge begins!

    Saturday morning (around 11:00 AM AST), November 7th 2020: Contest is closed. No other submissions will be allowed.

    Sunday morning, November 8th 2020 A new challenge and winners are announced in that post

    submitted by /u/kidmania01
    [link] [comments]

    Golden slime ratio. Minecraft is ideal game.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:59 AM PDT

    My friend has nearly finished re-creating the entire game of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time in (vanilla!) Minecraft! The project he’s been working on since 2013 is planned to release for free later this year.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    Made a Huge snake in minecraft, Hope yall like it!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    I'm making DOOM in Minecraft. This is the end of level 1

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    I recreated Spooky Scary Skeletons with only Minecraft skeleton and bone noises!

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    Defender of the innocent

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    Mobile games Ads be like: I can’t pass Pink

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:52 AM PDT

    I made Alex and Steve terraria style

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:49 AM PDT

    I accidentally left the egg machine on... My realm’s owner sent me this screenshot and he’s not happy...

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    The outside of the starter base of my friends and I.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 05:34 AM PDT

    a quick and easy idea for the relaxation of your villagers

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    What do you think about my Attack Helicpter

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 07:53 AM PDT

    I found a village with only 3 baby villagers and a bell.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    Nice blender creation by my brother

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    Some of the most beautiful islands of Skyblock (Hypixel, full vid in comment)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 03:19 AM PDT

    Made my first ship

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    Lithium - Nirvana made with note blocks

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    Is my farm big enough?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    How to doom, and then save your friend.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:45 AM PDT

    My interpretation of an enderman. Not perfect but it was fun making it.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 06:29 AM PDT

    Finished my Nether portal room in my starter base and couldn't be happier with how it turned out. This is the first time I've done a project with texturing like this so tell me how I did! (Sorry for the low fps)

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 01:20 AM PDT

    I wasn't even gone for a minute.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    What does Reddit think of my house?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 08:54 AM PDT

    So I edited my villager dance parade cause one of my comments said so.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:11 AM PDT

    Ahhh, looks like this is checkmate my old friend.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel